We all know how good a bit of fresh air and some exercise is for us. Here are the Jurassic Jaunts for May for catching up with old friends and making new friends an contacts. A good guided walk, a bit of banter, some social, some networking and maybe even a bit of lunch. Dogs normally welcome.
Sunday 14 May, 11:30
Hopefully it will still be a great time for Bluebells and taking in Hooke Park Architectural School and the Wessex Ridgeway and great views across Dorset.
- Start: The Dorset Wildlife Trust Centre at Lower Kingcombe, Just west of Maiden Newton DT2 0EQ.
Accessible via Toller Porcorum or Powerstock.
Saturday, 20th May at 11:00
Part of the Dorset Activities Weekend the following week. We will be doing a White Horse walk from The Springhead Inn in Sutton Poyntz, Preston (DT3 6LW).
- Distance: 5 miles, taking in the Coast Path, Osmington village, the Ridgeway and The White Horse.
- Optional lunch in the Springhead at about 1:30.
Sunday, 21st May at 10:00
We will be doing a walk around Portland, starting near the Portland Heights Hotel (DT5 2EN).
- 8 Miles around Isle with an optional lunch at The Jailhouse Café. Lots of interesting places to visit and view on the walk.
- Start directions: Car Park (free), just east of the Olympic Rings and Portland Heights Hotel. Once onto Portland at the Heights roundabout, turn left and proceed for ¼ mile to the car park on the left.
Big Dorset Outdoor Weekend Website
If you are interested in the Activities Weekend walks, please contact me direct as they are not bookable via the Jurassic Jaunts web site.
Walk Cost: £5 each or all 3 for £12
- Please pay in advance to confirm your place if at all possible please.
- You can pay direct to: Jurassic Jaunts, Sort Code – 08-92-50, Acc no. 68102238 or by cheque, payable to Jurassic Jaunts, address 28 Blackbird Close, Poole BH17 7YA.
- A full refund or credit will be given if the conditions are deemed to be too bad.
Please bring relevant clothing, sensible footwear and water.
Andy Pedrick of Jurassic Jaunts
+44 (0) 7790 474 478
Jurassic Jaunts – The only TOTAL Jurassic Coast experience specialists.