Professional Managers Network
This is a network of managers working together to support professional networking, peer and professional support as well as access to valuable information and resources.
It’s goal is to provide managers at all levels, who want to commit a little time to their continuing professional development, develop best practice, improve as managers and to network other managers, across industries in a supportive format.
Business owners and directors are also welcome as they themselves are, by definition, managers.
network activities …
Members of this network can be as active or as passive as they wish. They may choose to quietly use the features and benefits of the network for information and reference. They may decide to be more active and use the network to make new connections and friends, to explore best practice techniques, and even learn and qualify. Members may decide to opt for membership of a professional body, or even work with us to achieve a chartered management position
As a network we are keen to promote;
- best practice
- continuing professional development
- learning, qualification and professional recognition
- membership of professional bodies
- chartered management
- interim management
- engagement between leaders and managers.
We promote engagement between members both online and face to face …
Management members …
- can access the managers forum as well as the other forums in the Business & Management Wessex network, including HR & employment law, Financial management, tax planning & accountancy, health & safety, etc.
- will be invited to regular management webinars
- will receive the professional members newsletter containing business and management related updates and news
- get access to the premium information and resources
- in the interest of sharing, collaboration and best practice, can also publish their own materials, information, advice, guidance on the B&MW platform
- can opt for access to Management Direct, the UK’s largest and most up to date management portal, full of information and resources.
face to face …
Management members are …
- invited to attend the monthly management workshops run by the Chartered Management Institute. These workshops are usually held on the first working Monday evening of each month. Each event consists of meeting, introductions and conversation over a light buffet. This is followed by a guest speaker with a topic of interest, ahead of discussion and Q&A. We proceed with further refreshments and conversation before closing the evening.
- welcome to join the other business and management related events and activities run by other members, including the Boardroom Network, The lakeyard business club, the bournemouth business club, etc.
- welcome to join the special interest groups and projects that we run from time to time.
joining us …
Joining this managers network is simple and you have a number of options …
We charge a small subscription to cover the cost of running the not-for-profit B&MW and the network, plus a pay-as-you-use event fee just to cover the cost of the venue, costs and catering.
- If you are an existing B&MW premium or professional member, membership is free of charge.
- If you are not then you can join B&MW as a premium member for only £40 per quarter.
contact us …
To join this network please email one of the following members to say ‘hi’, ask any questions and arrange a callback or meeting:
- Martin McMahon: martin.mcmahon(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)businesswessex.org.uk
- Peter Gibb: petergibb(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)safenett.com
- Dan Carey: daniel.carey(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)busnesswessex.org.uk
optional extras …
- ManagementDirect management platform, provided by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) costs £100 per annum
- Membership of the Chartered Management Institute, starting from £27 per quarter. There are a number of grades from affiliate, member to fellow and companion
- Chartered Manager. This requires member or fellow grade of CMI membership plus an assessment process and fee