With tens of thousands of people suffering sudden heart attacks in the workplace should your business have an automated external defibrillator (AED) on site? This document makes the case.
Research by the British Heart Foundation (BHF) shows that over 44,000 people suffer sudden heart attacks that occur outside of a hospital environment each year. Those those people will not have immediate access to the correct medical treatment. The BHF advises that where a person suffers a heart attack, every minute without cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and defibrillation reduces their chances of survival by 10%!
This document in the health & safety forum provides premium members with information as to how they work, the benefits and the the cost advantages of having one in the workplace. In addition, there is a guide for AEDs, information on training and a number of recommendations.
- read this document in full
- download the ‘Guide to AEDs’
- get further information defibrillators and training
- get advice from other members
* Login requires a premium membership level. Learn more about the differences between free and premium membership levels here .
Other information, advice & guidance and resources in the in the forum include;
- Look for other business and management related articles
- Login to the Members Enclosure to access business and management resources.
- Whats coming up? – Check the calendar
- Not a member?
We are a not-for-profit peer and professional support network of business owners, managers and professionals in Dorset, Hampshire & Wiltshire, engaging with each other on a member-to-member, B2B and B2C basis covering all things business administration, finance, marketing, networking, learning, legal, and management.
Join us for free below or click here to upgrade
Photo by Keith Syvinski, image by crazy husky